Dr. Claire Senot is an associate professor of management science at the A. B. Freeman School of Business at Tulane University. Dr. Senot received a Master’s degree from Audencia Graduate School of Management in France, and an MBA and a PhD from The Ohio State University. Dr. Senot’s research interests include health care operations, quality management, and organizational learning. Her work has been published in prominent journals including Management Science, Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, Production and Operations Management, and Journal of Operations Management and Harvard Business Review. Dr. Senot’s research won multiple awards including the Albert Lechter Early Career Professorship, the Ralph Gomory Best Industry Studies Paper Award, the Irving H. LaValle Research Award, the Elwood S. Buffa Doctoral Dissertation Award, the Juran Fellowship Award, the INFORMS-Industry Studies Association Best Paper Award, and the Beryl Institute Scholar Program Award. Prior to beginning her academic career, Dr. Senot worked in operations management in Sydney, Australia and Chicago.
- Associate Professor (with tenure) of Management Science, , A.B. Freeman School of Business, Tulane University, July 2020 – present.
- Albert Lechter Early Career Professor, July 2020 – present
- Assistant Professor of Management Science, A.B. Freeman School of Business, Tulane University, July 2014 – June 2020.
- Albert Lechter Early Career Professor, July 2017 – June 2020
- Irving H. LaValle Professor, July 2016 – June 2017
- PhD in Management Sciences, The Ohio State University, May 2014.
- MBA, The Ohio State University, June 2008.
- Six Sigma Green Belt certified with Black Belt body of knowledge, April 2008
- Master’s degree. Audencia Business School (Nantes, France), June 2007.
- 2019 Ralph Gomory Best Industry Studies Paper Award – ISA Annual Conference, June 2020
- Finalist, Most Influential Service Operations Paper published in Production and Operations Management 2016-2017 – POMS Annual Conference, May 2018
- Albert Lechter Early Career Professorship – Freeman School of Business, Tulane University, July 2017 – present
- Irving H. LaValle Research Award – Freeman School of Business, Tulane University, July 2016
- Outstanding Reviewer Award for the Production and Operations Management journal – POMS Annual Conference, May 2016
- Elwood S. Buffa Doctoral Dissertation Award – DSI Annual Meeting 2015
- Runner-up Industry Studies Association Dissertation Award – 2014
- Joseph M. Juran Fellowship Award – 2013
- 2012 INFORMS-Industry Studies Association Best Paper Award – 2013
- Finalist 2013 OM division Chan Hahn Best Paper Award – AoM Conference 2013
- Paper selected for Best Papers Proceedings – AoM Conference 2013
- 2012 Beryl Institute Scholar Program Award – 2012
- Fisher College of Business Small Research Grant for case study – 2012
- Best Student Paper in OM division – AoM Conference 2011
- Paper selected for Best Papers Proceedings – AoM Conference 2011
- Graduate School and Dissertation Fellowships, The Ohio State University – 2009-2013
- Sears Holdings Awards, based on top management recognition (categories: “Coaching for execution”, “Teamwork”, “Know how to make more money”) – 2008-2009
- International Award, Audencia Graduate School of Business and Management – 2007
- Best Q&A participant, Procter & Gamble MBA Case Competition – 2006