Dr. Claire Senot has been an assistant professor of management science at the A. B. Freeman School of Business at Tulane University since July 2014. Dr. Senot received a Master’s degree from Audencia Graduate School of Management in France, and an MBA and a PhD from The Ohio State University. Dr. Senot’s research interests include health care operations, quality management, and organizational learning. Her work has been published in prominent journals including Harvard Business Review, Management Science, Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, Production and Operations Management, and Journal of Operations Management. Dr. Senot’s research won multiple awards including the 2018 & 2017 Albert Lechter Early Career Professorship, the 2016 Irving H. LaValle Research Award, the 2015 Elwood S. Buffa Doctoral Dissertation Award, the 2013 Juran Fellowship Award, the 2012 INFORMS-Industry Studies Association Best Paper Award, and the 2012 Beryl Institute Scholar Program Award. Prior to beginning her academic career, Dr. Senot worked in operations management in Sydney, Australia and Chicago.
- PhD in Management Sciences, The Ohio State University, May 2014.
- MBA, The Ohio State University, June 2008.
- Master, Audencia Graduate School of Business and Management (Nantes, France), June 2007.
- Finalist, Most Influential Service Operations Paper published in Production and Operations Management 2016-2017 – POMS Annual Conference, May 2018
- Albert Lechter Early Career Professorship – Freeman School of Business, Tulane University, July 2017 & July 2018
- Irving H. LaValle Research Award – Freeman School of Business, Tulane University, May 2016
- Outstanding Reviewer Award for the Production and Operations Management journal – POMS Annual Conference, May 2016
- Elwood S. Buffa Doctoral Dissertation Award – DSI Annual Meeting 2015
- Runner-up Industry Studies Association Dissertation Award – 2014
- Joseph M. Juran Fellowship Award – 2013
- 2012 INFORMS-Industry Studies Association Best Paper Award – 2013
- Finalist 2013 OM division Chan Hahn Best Paper Award – AoM Conference 2013
- Paper selected for Best Papers Proceedings – AoM Conference 2013
- 2012 Beryl Institute Scholar Program Award – 2012
- Fisher College of Business Small Research Grant for case study – 2012
- Best Student Paper in OM division – AoM Conference 2011
- Paper selected for Best Papers Proceedings – AoM Conference 2011
- Graduate School and Dissertation Fellowships, The Ohio State University – 2009-2013
- Sears Holdings Awards, based on top management recognition (categories: “Coaching for execution”, “Teamwork”, “Know how to make more money”) – 2008-2009
- International Award, Audencia Graduate School of Business and Management – 2007
- Best Q&A participant, Procter & Gamble MBA Case Competition – 2006